Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Speculoos and the New European Parliament"

Wow this has been a crazy couple of weeks! 
The title is just a combination of the three biggest places and FOOD that have been taking up a lot of my time the past few weeks.
I'll have a couple of blog posts between now and the weekend (hopefully) to catch up on the cool things that I've done. 
I wanted to start this one just absolutely raving about the Speculoos in Europe! I was really missing my peanut butter and this is so much better! If you guys find it in the states, you should definitely pick some up and try it. It is just like a cookie crunched up into a butter form!
I posted a picture of it so you can check it out!!



As I mentioned in my last post, I have now started my internship at New Europe newspaper, but I was waiting until I received my Press Pass to post anything more about it. 

I am working at New Europe three days a week - not on a consistent schedule just yet - like I said - things have been crazy. 
Julie and I had our first story published last week online (www.neurope.eu). It was just pretty much a summary of the World Radio Day from last Thursday, February 13th!
I do have my second article topic and I will start work on it tomorrow, but I'm going to let it be a surprise. All I will say is that I plan to have a lot of fun with it! ;)



After this past month of living at Van Orley as the only Americans, Zach and I finally got some company from the rest of the Hendrix students, who moved over in the last couple of weeks from the temporary housing on campus.
Last night Van Orley International Student House threw a Welcome Drink Meeting, where they hosted a Meet and Greet. All of the residents were encouraged to drop by for a glass of champagne and to meet all of the other international residents! There are students here from around the world, which is really cool and adds to the diversity that is part of the Brussels program! Here's a shot of the full group and one of Zach and I at the Van Orley Welcome Meeting. 




We had a visit to the European Parliament last week during the week with one of our Institute of European Studies leaders, Madgalena Sapala. She comes here from Poland and used to work in the European Parliament, so she got us VIP access and let us tour the Parliament and even meet the Polish elect to the Parliament. I've attached our group picture below:


Zach and I went to Ghent last Tuesday, but I will do a separate blog post on it later this weekend. 
Thanks for keeping up with my blog! I'll have another post about Ghent later this week and we are going to Antwerp this weekend, so be on the lookout for more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment