Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Month Away!

Hey guys!
It's the dreaded FINALS WEEK.
We had our first webinar today with the amazing people from the Institute for European Studies!I'll probably post a ton about these people, as they will lead most of our group activities and be our point of contact while in Belgium.
Exactly one month from today, I, along with my 7 other classmates from Hendrix, will be arriving in Brussels to begin our semester long stay. While in Belgium, I will have two courses and an internship, which I will post more about as I get to know more about it myself, but our schedule will hopefully allow for some free time on the weekends. Personally, I'm going to use this time to study and travel, because this will be my first journey across the Atlantic and I'm going to make the most of it. 
I'm going to post a ton of pictures on Facebook, but I'll post several here too to document my stay and the AMAZING things that I'll be doing and seeing. This blog will be used for my Hendrix-in-Brussels Experience and also to document my time as a Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholar. Both of these programs have been essential to me being able to go abroad, providing both academic and financial assistance for me. Without these, there is no way that I would be going abroad while pursuing my undergraduate education while still being on track for my degree!
Like I said in the description, until I leave, I will periodically post to keep everyone updated, but this will become more of an everyday update once I arrive (and get settled) in Brussels, Belgium.
Thanks for taking time to read my blog!
I love you guys!
- Josh 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! What a great experience!

    ReplyDelete